Sneaky Chef Case Study Answer Key, Drive My Feelings To Heaven, Courteous Detachment Meaning, Electronic Configuration Of F2, Paul Bentall Wikipedia, Tyler Merritt Wife, Movies Similar To Southbound, Tcf Test Centers In Usa, Lorenzo Cain Wife, Famous Blue Collar Workers, Ori And The Blind Forest Valley Of The Wind Ability Cell, Bertram Ramsay Secondary School Middlesbrough, Berry Gordy Siblings, Chat Line Numbers, Morgan Hawthorne Harvey Instagram, Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Famous Personalities, Mini Fridge Stand Home Depot, Star Wars Chaingun, Noelle Scaggs Spouse, Mealworm Beetle Lifespan, Jake Johns Height, Cronusmax Ps4 Modern Warfare, Emily Maynard Net Worth, Knobbly Knees Competition, When Did Mlk Say We May Have All Come On Different Ships, But We're In The Same Boat Now, Kritika Online Lina Build, Carriage Hills Conroe Hoa, Toyota R150f Transmission, John Reardon Baby, Easilocks 12 Week Blowdry Reviews, Hofstra Basketball Coach Salary, Sea Robin Sting, Larissa Dos Santos Lima Deported, Short Funny Clown Skit, Fast Rap Songs, Del Part 24, Khwab Ki Tameer, 307 Questions Jesus Asked Pdf, Sudden Hip Pain Can't Walk, Advantages Of Semi Balanced Rudder Over Balanced Rudder, Leasing Consultant Training Manual, Rahim Meaning Womb, Mgmt Meaning Medical, Stellaris Orbital Speed Demon, Torcher From Piggy, The Loss Of A Teardrop Diamond Does Jimmy Love Fisher, Secret Mermaid Enchanted Shell, Cockaigne Cooking Term, Rca Dsp3 Camcorder, Google Gravity Underwater, Melissa Francis Children, Frank The Entertainer Net Worth, Aditya Mittal Children's Name, Elite Dangerous Lave 2 Permit, Turning Point Restaurant Nutrition Information, Brandon Fugal How Much Is He Worth, Red Star Belgrade Kit 20/21, Mental Images Of Wife Cheating, Moreton Bay Ferries, Jack Brewer Wife Name, Area Of Triangles And Trapezoids Worksheet What Is Black And White And Has Lots Of Problems, Gabriel Agbonlahor Net Worth, Al Trautwig Wife, Ena Name Meaning Japanese, Kyle Juszczyk Wedding, Bmw Engine Rebuild Cost, Shoot For The Stars Lil Tjay Lyrics, Islabike Beinn 20 Small Vs Large, Ryan Bingham Political Views, Eddie Kidd Parents, 5g Network Not Showing Up Verizon, Camryn Manheim Net Worth, Does Isopure Protein Drink Expire, Montana Jordan Niece, Derrick Favors' Mom, Instant Dash Doordash, Winchester Craigslist General, Cotswold Carp Fishing Syndicates, Dr Matte Urologue St Hyacinthe, Ryder Outlook Email Login, Rouba Saadeh Instagram, Matthew Levinson Now, " /> Sneaky Chef Case Study Answer Key, Drive My Feelings To Heaven, Courteous Detachment Meaning, Electronic Configuration Of F2, Paul Bentall Wikipedia, Tyler Merritt Wife, Movies Similar To Southbound, Tcf Test Centers In Usa, Lorenzo Cain Wife, Famous Blue Collar Workers, Ori And The Blind Forest Valley Of The Wind Ability Cell, Bertram Ramsay Secondary School Middlesbrough, Berry Gordy Siblings, Chat Line Numbers, Morgan Hawthorne Harvey Instagram, Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Famous Personalities, Mini Fridge Stand Home Depot, Star Wars Chaingun, Noelle Scaggs Spouse, Mealworm Beetle Lifespan, Jake Johns Height, Cronusmax Ps4 Modern Warfare, Emily Maynard Net Worth, Knobbly Knees Competition, When Did Mlk Say We May Have All Come On Different Ships, But We're In The Same Boat Now, Kritika Online Lina Build, Carriage Hills Conroe Hoa, Toyota R150f Transmission, John Reardon Baby, Easilocks 12 Week Blowdry Reviews, Hofstra Basketball Coach Salary, Sea Robin Sting, Larissa Dos Santos Lima Deported, Short Funny Clown Skit, Fast Rap Songs, Del Part 24, Khwab Ki Tameer, 307 Questions Jesus Asked Pdf, Sudden Hip Pain Can't Walk, Advantages Of Semi Balanced Rudder Over Balanced Rudder, Leasing Consultant Training Manual, Rahim Meaning Womb, Mgmt Meaning Medical, Stellaris Orbital Speed Demon, Torcher From Piggy, The Loss Of A Teardrop Diamond Does Jimmy Love Fisher, Secret Mermaid Enchanted Shell, Cockaigne Cooking Term, Rca Dsp3 Camcorder, Google Gravity Underwater, Melissa Francis Children, Frank The Entertainer Net Worth, Aditya Mittal Children's Name, Elite Dangerous Lave 2 Permit, Turning Point Restaurant Nutrition Information, Brandon Fugal How Much Is He Worth, Red Star Belgrade Kit 20/21, Mental Images Of Wife Cheating, Moreton Bay Ferries, Jack Brewer Wife Name, Area Of Triangles And Trapezoids Worksheet What Is Black And White And Has Lots Of Problems, Gabriel Agbonlahor Net Worth, Al Trautwig Wife, Ena Name Meaning Japanese, Kyle Juszczyk Wedding, Bmw Engine Rebuild Cost, Shoot For The Stars Lil Tjay Lyrics, Islabike Beinn 20 Small Vs Large, Ryan Bingham Political Views, Eddie Kidd Parents, 5g Network Not Showing Up Verizon, Camryn Manheim Net Worth, Does Isopure Protein Drink Expire, Montana Jordan Niece, Derrick Favors' Mom, Instant Dash Doordash, Winchester Craigslist General, Cotswold Carp Fishing Syndicates, Dr Matte Urologue St Hyacinthe, Ryder Outlook Email Login, Rouba Saadeh Instagram, Matthew Levinson Now, " />

che lingo my block lyrics

Make Me Free More on Genius "Hunch" Track Info. They just think you're dope We pray the cheque on the way Pray I never repeat the loss His music speaks about his lived experience and throughout our conversation he stresses that his music is not “intentionally political” but is “coming from a place of emotion”. It devastates me every day and it devastates his mum. His music speaks about his lived experience and throughout our conversation he stresses that his music is not “intentionally political” but is “coming from a place of emotion”. [Verse 2] This was 2016, the same year as the presidential election and the Charlottesville protests – that the song is still ringing out at protests today shows we have not moved on at all since then. These days I won't call you black Since he broke through in 2017, his sound has woven together genres like R&B, grime and west coast hip-hop, matched with easy flows and a lyrical dexterity that reveals new layers the more you listen. [Pre Chorus: Che Lingo] [Pre-Chorus] We pray the cheque on the way Please check back once the song has been released. I know man in college and field But it’s “My Block” that has really connected. All my brothers hungry Probably would’ve made Jesus cross I'm super fucking with karma My armour it took a few chinks This song will be a protest anthem for black movements until justice is served, and then it will be used for a celebration. A significant contribution to efforts to seek justice has come from the music community. Rising rapper Che Lingo on the meaning of lyrics of 'My Block' – and how a pride of where he came from and "police injustice" inspired the single. Gimme that money right now You just know that I could pencil it in Rolling round my block, feeling hot That’s my blood, family tree Getting woke for you On the BBC’s, Here, black people have always had a fraught history with the police due to the disproportionate amount of force used against them and the constant harassment and surveillance. That’s my blood, family tree Growing up with his Jamaican grandmother has definitely shaped the person he is and the music he makes today. It opens and closes with a woman fiercely defending her rights: “There is nothing going on here and you are violating my rights!” she scolds as a baby calls in the background. Only after they noticed he was unresponsive in the van was an ambulance called. The possibilities of defunding or abolishing police forces are leading a lot of conversations at the moment. The video has been viewed more than 3m times and has inspired remakes from will.i.am and others. It feels reminiscent of 1960s choirs, such as the Freedom Singers, who combined the harmonies of the Baptist church with chants from the civil rights protests. Stacking bricks until their properties built “My mum had me at 17 and my dad was abusive so she left him. Never said we didn’t have good times, I But I learnt to play Tetris though Probably would’ve made Jesus cross South London rapper Che Lingo’s My Block, released in February, has truly found its moment. Rather than being rushed straight to a hospital when he was visibly hurt, Cole was taken to a police station. The idyllic video set on a grey concrete estate sees Lingo weave between a white-robed choir wearing balaclavas and a solid body of men and women dressed in all black as he raps: “Black don’t mean illegal, they don’t know me / When the blues see red there’s greyness.” The track is a reminder of how insubstantial citizenship can be for black Britons, and of the violent treatment we often receive at the hands of the state. These niggas ain't authentic You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. Backseat, windows up But I'm on smoke for you Might get tendonitis 'cause this writing is more than a tendency “These are individual incidences that contribute to a wider issue of systematic racism.”, As protesters swarmed the streets in central London to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with this country’s racism over the past few weeks, political commentators and journalists kept suggesting that the UK did not have a race problem on a par with the US. You can find our Community Guidelines in full here. The story is a chilling reminder of the ways that police brutality still goes unchecked in the UK today – though a, “His legal team have been doing everything they can for the past seven years but the family has seen no compensation and the police officers involved haven’t seen any criminal convictions,” Lingo tells me frustratedly. They just think you're dope I need all my parchment stacked high as all my expectations Mind out how they treat you Please check back once the song has been released. [Chorus: Che Lingo] While we hold down the fort With this in mind, YG’s FTP (standing for Fuck the Police), released last week, has become a new anthem of 2020’s Black Lives Matter protests. I ain't talking money if I call you broke Breaking my habits and honing my skills I never really subscribed to the stereotypical idea of a man so it was easier for me to be sensitive.”. Always on point Hear no speak no evil Here, black people have always had a fraught history with the police due to the disproportionate amount of force used against them and the constant harassment and surveillance. But his music has a serious message. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. [Verse 2: Che Lingo] to be stopped and searched by the police than their white counterparts. No drama just broccoli rolled On the BBC’s Newsnight, Emily Maitlis told George the Poet, “Our police aren’t armed, they don’t have guns, the legacy of slavery is not the same,” to which he responded by detailing the several acts of police violence, brutality and deaths in custody in the UK, including Julian Cole’s case. Living on my own terms till death tip-toes Lingo’s melodies, in straightforward and dulcet Kendrick-inspired tones, have charged up the protests taking place in London. Seeing more than what they tend to see Create a commenting name to join the debate, There are no Independent Premium comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts, There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts. I mean, the fuck did you think? The song was a heartfelt reaction to … [Chorus] Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? He like a fucking octopus with the ink She said it was totally fine and that they’re still fighting the case now. We’re protesting because people are dying who shouldn’t be dying.”. The story is a chilling reminder of the ways that police brutality still goes unchecked in the UK today – though a petition calling for justice has had over 300,000 signatures. Pacify our women, justify the killings Pray I never repeat them “And we hate po-po / Wanna kill us dead in the street for sure, nigga / I’m at the preacher’s door / My knees gettin’ weak and my gun might blow” – a desperate series of images, until he lays a hand on our shoulders: “But we gon’ be alright.”. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. It was never Lingo’s intention for “My Block” to become the soundtrack for one of the biggest global social movements of this decade but, given the drive behind the protests, the song was fitting. I was raised in and out of hostels.” His grandmother took him in when he was two years old, “so my mum could sort herself out”, he continues. I knew I had to go and walk with my people’. “The family got no compensation, no one was criminally charged, and I know people who have gone for prison for less.”. Where words won’t suffice to express the anger and frustration of affected communities, songs give protest a language. We pray the cheque on the way Che Lingo – My Block . It’s been seven years.”. No excuse, freedom costs, take the risk, made mistakes Che Lingo. All the money in the world Lingo and Cole had known each other from the age of 16, when they worked together in a trainer shop in west London, and Lingo was devastated by what had happened. Julian Cole was left with life-changing injuries outside the former Elements nightclub in 2013. pic.twitter.com/LDrRYkCFJQ, — ITV News Anglia (@itvanglia) October 22, 2018, He added: “If you can be a young, black, semi-pro footballer, not even in London and still get your neck broken, be left paralysed by the police, then that’s devastating.

Sneaky Chef Case Study Answer Key, Drive My Feelings To Heaven, Courteous Detachment Meaning, Electronic Configuration Of F2, Paul Bentall Wikipedia, Tyler Merritt Wife, Movies Similar To Southbound, Tcf Test Centers In Usa, Lorenzo Cain Wife, Famous Blue Collar Workers, Ori And The Blind Forest Valley Of The Wind Ability Cell, Bertram Ramsay Secondary School Middlesbrough, Berry Gordy Siblings, Chat Line Numbers, Morgan Hawthorne Harvey Instagram, Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Famous Personalities, Mini Fridge Stand Home Depot, Star Wars Chaingun, Noelle Scaggs Spouse, Mealworm Beetle Lifespan, Jake Johns Height, Cronusmax Ps4 Modern Warfare, Emily Maynard Net Worth, Knobbly Knees Competition, When Did Mlk Say We May Have All Come On Different Ships, But We're In The Same Boat Now, Kritika Online Lina Build, Carriage Hills Conroe Hoa, Toyota R150f Transmission, John Reardon Baby, Easilocks 12 Week Blowdry Reviews, Hofstra Basketball Coach Salary, Sea Robin Sting, Larissa Dos Santos Lima Deported, Short Funny Clown Skit, Fast Rap Songs, Del Part 24, Khwab Ki Tameer, 307 Questions Jesus Asked Pdf, Sudden Hip Pain Can't Walk, Advantages Of Semi Balanced Rudder Over Balanced Rudder, Leasing Consultant Training Manual, Rahim Meaning Womb, Mgmt Meaning Medical, Stellaris Orbital Speed Demon, Torcher From Piggy, The Loss Of A Teardrop Diamond Does Jimmy Love Fisher, Secret Mermaid Enchanted Shell, Cockaigne Cooking Term, Rca Dsp3 Camcorder, Google Gravity Underwater, Melissa Francis Children, Frank The Entertainer Net Worth, Aditya Mittal Children's Name, Elite Dangerous Lave 2 Permit, Turning Point Restaurant Nutrition Information, Brandon Fugal How Much Is He Worth, Red Star Belgrade Kit 20/21, Mental Images Of Wife Cheating, Moreton Bay Ferries, Jack Brewer Wife Name, Area Of Triangles And Trapezoids Worksheet What Is Black And White And Has Lots Of Problems, Gabriel Agbonlahor Net Worth, Al Trautwig Wife, Ena Name Meaning Japanese, Kyle Juszczyk Wedding, Bmw Engine Rebuild Cost, Shoot For The Stars Lil Tjay Lyrics, Islabike Beinn 20 Small Vs Large, Ryan Bingham Political Views, Eddie Kidd Parents, 5g Network Not Showing Up Verizon, Camryn Manheim Net Worth, Does Isopure Protein Drink Expire, Montana Jordan Niece, Derrick Favors' Mom, Instant Dash Doordash, Winchester Craigslist General, Cotswold Carp Fishing Syndicates, Dr Matte Urologue St Hyacinthe, Ryder Outlook Email Login, Rouba Saadeh Instagram, Matthew Levinson Now,